Mailchimp Integration: Tips and Best Practices
Integrating with Mailchimp applies Venga’s powerful analysis to all your email marketing. Check out the recommendations below to make sure your Mailchimp integration is firing on all cylinders.
In this article:
Link A MailChimp Account
Note: Linking a Mailchimp account requires Email Integrations user access.
To link A Mailchimp account:
- Navigate to Settings and click Mailchimp.
- Click Link Your Mailchimp Account.
- Click Start and follow the prompts.
Click your profile at the top right of the dashboard and select Settings.
Click Mailchimp in the Settings menu.
Click Link Your Mailchimp Account.
Click Start and follow the prompts to link your account.
Account Management Tips
Combine Your Accounts
- MailChimp allows Venga to integrate with a single account. If you have multiple Mailchimp accounts, they can be combined into a single account.
Learn More: Mailchimp: Combine Multiple Accounts
- Use a single master list in MailChimp. A master list allows a single campaign to be sent to all relevant contacts (MailChimp does not allow a single campaign to be sent to multiple lists).
- Organize contacts within the master list. Contacts can be organized into Groups and subgroups within the master list to keep everything neat and tidy.
- Save money! Mailchimp charges per list. If the same contact is in two lists, Mailchimp charges for that contact twice.
Learn More: Mailchimp: Combine Lists into a Master List
Don’t Delete the Venga Groups!
- Venga creates a new Group called MindBody Studio Contacts when contacts begin exporting.
- Each location has its ownSubgroup within the MindBody Studio Contacts group.
- Deleting the MindBody Studio Contacts Group or its Subgroups causes the integration to break, so please don’t.
- Add existing contacts to the new Venga Mindbody Studio Contacts Group or location subgroups. Selecting campaign recipients is easiest if all contacts are available in a single group or subgroup.
How to Use Venga Groups
- Each location has its own subgroup in the Mindbody Studio Contacts group created by Venga.
- When a campaign is ready to send, select the appropriate Group(s) or Subgroup(s). Campaigns can be sent to multiple Groups or Subgroups. Any overlapping contacts are automatically removed by Mailchimp so the guest does not receive the same email more than once. Note: This only applies to Groups within the same List. A single campaign cannot be sent to multiple lists.
Learn More: Mailchimp: Send to Groups in Your List.